Get to the Innovative Stage
Innovative – Information technology is visible to organization as it takes on a proactive approach to helping the organization and individual business units achieve their business objectives and goals. This is what organizations should strive to achieve.
Focused – Information technology is invisible to the organization due to a properly functioning IT environment. There are minimal service disruptions and cost are at acceptable levels.
Reactive – Information Technology is visible to the organization due to poor performance and ongoing issues. Most small to mid-size organization are in this stage of developing their IT departments.
CFOs in Non-profit organizations and Business Owners with less than 50 employees benefit from the following:
Our C-Lens support services will collaborate with and advise executives of small and mid-sized organizations on ways to formulate strategic IT goals, plan IT budgets, analyze and restructure business processes and help facilitate technology changes. We do this with a combination of Virtual CIO professionals and proven methodologies and frameworks to document, advise on and direct your Technology function. Circadian’s C-Lens support services will offer a broader view of operational efficiencies, providing clarity and alignment of business and technology goals. The AARM framework ensures that your IT Function is managed following industry best practices by continually assessing and managing vendors, IT human resources and business processes.
The first three stages of the framework are Assess, Analyze and Recommend. These stages enable the mapping of your IT Services to your business functions. We perform these three stages in our Tech-Ray service (IT Assessment).
The fourth stage is to Manage. We continuously run through all stages to make sure your IT function is serving your business objectives.
- Job Descriptions – The creation of job descriptions based on ITIL functions, processes and roles. We will map these job descriptions to all IT Services tasks and skill-sets to make sure your personnel is accountable and evaluated properly and fairly.
- Salaries – We will help you evaluate the salaries of your staff based on their skillset and what is expected of them. This is one of the things that can be done to keep the best staff and decrease turnover.
- Goal Setting – We will help set realistic goals for the department and each staff member. All of these goals will be aligned with the organization’s goals, vision and mission.
- Evaluations – We will help you set criteria to evaluate your IT staff and in turn your entire IT department.
- PreScreen Technical Interview – We will help you build questionnaires to pre-screen your candidates before you bring them in for a formal interview. We can also perform the pre-screening for you.
- In Person Interview – You will have the option of having one of our team present when you conduct your interviews. We can conduct the interview for you and then give you feedback about the candidate.
- Mentoring – We can mentor your IT staff by regularly meeting with them to go over their goals and challenges.
- Managed Services Provider Management – We will manage the performance of your IT service provider to make sure they meet all business needs. We can do this efficiently because we are familiar with specific business workflows, your culture and your business goals. Managed Services companies are often equipped to provide technical services but not to give the type of direction that focuses on particular business units or even a service line. We will be the ones taking care of the relationship with the managed services provider so you can focus on what you do best.
- Initial Assessment – Assess business goals and the current state of IT systems that support the business.
- Workflow Mapping – Includes customized questionnaires to map workflows for sales, billing, marketing, time tracking and practice management.
- Contract Reviews – We will review all IT services contracts and analyze them to identify any possible savings or consolidation of services.
- Personnel Assessment – We will assess the daily tasks and skills of your IT personnel against the required IT systems.
- Recommendations – Recommend appropriate systems based on results from Initial Assessment and Workflow Mapping.
- Deployment – Separate agreement that includes software setup and training of staff for implementation and maintenance.
Articles and Podcasts about IT Management