Get to the Innovative Stage
Innovative – Information technology is visible to organization as it takes on a proactive approach to helping the organization and individual business units achieve their business objectives and goals. This is what organizations should strive to achieve.
Focused – Information technology is invisible to the organization due to a properly functioning IT environment. There are minimal service disruptions and cost are at acceptable levels.
Reactive – Information Technology is visible to the organization due to poor performance and ongoing issues. Most small to mid-size organization are in this stage of developing their IT departments.
In order to move from a reactive to an innovative stage, CFOs in nonprofit and private organizations benefit from the following:
Working with SOAR has been a pleasure; they have helped me see the bigger picture for my business when it comes to IT and operations. They are detail-oriented, organized, and has a great understanding of how to make my processes more efficient and cost-effective. They are professional, progressive and also genuinely have my business’ best interest at heart. I’m very satisfied with the results from our work together, and I will continue utilizing their services as my business grows.Reshma Thakkar
I like the cost-effective solution-oriented approach that SOAR brings to every task. They are genuinely interested in solving the problem and getting you the best solution out there even if they don’t directly benefit from the recommended direction. They are honest, candid, extremely knowledgeable and hard working. They prioritize their client’s interest above all else and will go to bat for you every single time. It also helped a lot that Victor is bi-lingual and could interact effectively with our offices and their service providers in Central America.Nana Frimpong
Purchasing software, hardware and IT support requires time and sound management to ensure you adhere to the budget while at the same time meet the requirements of the organization. We have found that often times there are multiple applications that perform the same tasks or that there are rogue software licenses for users that are no longer performing the tasks that require the applications. In most cases we end up finding thousands of dollars per year in savings. Ask us about the Don’t Pay ’til We Show You the Way method.
Our C-Lens support services will collaborate with and advise executives of small and mid-sized organizations on ways to:
- formulate strategic IT goals
- plan IT budgets
- analyze and restructure business processes
- help facilitate technology changes
We do this with a combination of Virtual CIO professionals and proven methodologies and frameworks to document, advise on and direct your Technology function. Our C-Lens support services will offer a broader view of operational efficiencies, providing clarity and alignment of business and technology goals.
The AARM framework ensures that your IT Function is managed following industry best practices by continually assessing and managing vendors, IT human resources and business processes.
The first three stages of the framework are Assess, Analyze and Recommend. These stages enable the mapping of your IT Services to your business functions. We perform these three stages in our Tech-Ray service (IT Assessment).
The fourth stage is to Manage. We continuously run through all stages to make sure your IT function is serving your business objectives.
- Job Descriptions – The creation of job descriptions based on Industry Standard (ITIL) functions, processes and roles. We will map these job descriptions to all IT Services tasks and skill sets to make sure your personnel is accountable and evaluated properly and fairly.
- Salaries – We will help you evaluate the salaries of your staff based on their skill set and what is expected of them. This is one of the things that can be done to keep the best staff and decrease turnover.
- Goal Setting – We will help set realistic goals for the department and each staff member. All of these goals will be aligned with the organization’s goals, vision and mission.
- Evaluations – We will help you set criteria to evaluate your IT staff and in turn your entire IT department.
- PreScreen Technical Interview – We will help you build questionnaires to pre-screen your candidates before you bring them in for a formal interview. We can also perform the pre-screening for you.
- In Person Interview – The option of having one of our team present when you conduct your interviews. We can conduct the interview for you and then give you feedback about the candidate.
- Mentoring – We can mentor your IT staff by regularly meeting with them to go over their goals and challenges.
- Managed Services Provider Management – We will manage the performance of your IT service provider to make sure they meet all business needs. We can do this efficiently because we are familiar with specific business workflows, your culture and your business goals. Managed Services companies are often equipped to provide technical services but not to give the type of direction that focuses on particular business units or even a service line. We will be the ones taking care of the relationship with the managed services provider so you can focus on what you do best.
- Initial Assessment – Assess business goals and the current state of IT systems that support the business.
- Workflow Mapping – Includes customized questionnaires to map workflows for sales, billing, marketing, time tracking and practice management.
- Contract Reviews – We will review all IT services contracts and analyze them to identify any possible savings or consolidation of services.
- Personnel Assessment – We will assess the daily tasks and skills of your IT personnel against the required IT systems.
- Recommendations – Recommend appropriate systems based on results from Initial Assessment and Workflow Mapping.
- Deployment – Separate agreement that includes software setup and training of staff for implementation and maintenance.
Articles and Podcasts about IT Management