WELCOME TO SCN LEADERSHIP BREAKFAST
Our mission is simple: sharing strategies for success. The SCN Leadership Group, originally called YPLG, was started by Misti Burmeister, Steve Dorfman, and Mali Phonpadith in 2007. Throughout the years, our group has been organically grown through referrals. Our invitations and notification reach close to 400 business leaders each month.
In November 2016, the SOAR Community Network became the primary organizer; continuing the mission. Welcome to the SCN Leadership Group. For over a decade, CEOs and their executive leaders have gathered together monthly to network, learn and share strategies for success.
- The SCN Leadership Breakfast is held on the first Tuesday of every month (except on major holidays).
- Sessions are highly interactive, facilitated discussions.
- Facilitators lead the group on a voluntary basis.
- Doors open at 7:00am and the facilitated discussion begins promptly at 7:30am (ends promptly at 8:45am).
- There are no annual membership fees, only $25 registration fee which covers food, beverage and service charges. (continental breakfast will be provided)
- Sponsorships are available. Promote your company to 400 business leaders who are subscribed to our email list.
ATTEND OUR NEXT SCN LEADERSHIP BREAKFAST
NOTE: PLEASE REGISTER IN ADVANCE TO ATTEND
Join us and let’s share strategies for success. We look forward to seeing you at the next SCN Leadership Breakfast.
January 30, 2018 :: Steve Orr :: The Power of Three: Why Three is Your Key to Speaking Success
Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Snap, Crackle, Pop. The Three Stooges.
Have you ever noticed how many things come in threes? And how engaging, funny, and memorable they can be?
As leaders, communicating your messages effectively and concisely is more critical than ever. Harnessing the power of three will help take you to the next level in delivering your messages, whether it’s a presentation, speech, or other public speaking engagement.
In this interactive session, you will:
- Understand the basic three-part structure
- Learn how to build your messages
- Create a mini-presentation
Steve Orr is the founder of Steve Orr Media, which helps clients become more effective speakers, as well as create and produce podcasts. He has worked with a variety of clients ranging from financial firms and authors to educators and professional sports figures.
Steve launched his consulting business after a three-decade, award-winning broadcasting career. The last half was spent as a business news anchor and feature reporter at the MarketWatch Radio Network, where he was regularly heard on some of the country’s biggest news stations.
Website: Steve Orr Media
Phone: (703) 566-3314
Preview Previous Facilitators and Topics
Preview details about upcoming speakers and topics. Learn more and register to attend.
As facilitator you define the topic, offer thoughts, facts, & observations about it, and tie it to the role of leadership. In the process, you create opportunities for interactive participation by the attendees in groups, as teams, or in some other grouping.
Interactive participation is an important element of the meeting’s success – the attendees have a strong desire to share their experience and to learn from the others, as well as from you. If you are interested in facilitating a future session, please contact Mali or Victor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIEW FACILITATOR GUIDELINES HERE:
Our special thanks to Renewed Living for being our sponsors this quarter.
The mission of Renewed Living, Inc.is to provide access to valuable information, technologies and programs that you can use to reverse the damages created by toxic environments and take control of your health. We aim to make it simple and fun.
Learn more about Elaine and Nevin’s powerful journey and why they are on a mission to help everyone live their most extraordinary lives. http://renewedlivinginc.com/
Our special thanks to Empowered Women International for being our partner.
The mission of Empowered Women International is to unlock the potential of women in the Greater DC Metro area facing economic and social challenges—including immigrants, refugees, and American-born women.
We equip them with the training and support they need to become economically mobile, financially stable and socially engaged. Learn more about EWI’s programs here: http://ewint.org/
TOWER CLUB TYSONS CORNER
8000 Towers Crescent Dr #1700, Vienna, VA 22182
Parking for the Tower Club is located in the Towers Crescent Retail Parking Garage.
Validated Hours & Rates are as follows:
2 hours or less: Free
2-3 hours: $2.00
3-4 hours: $4.00
Over 4 hours: $6.00
Please note: you must physically bring your parking ticket to the Club for validation.
For your convenience, there are payment terminals located throughout the garage. It is most efficient to pay for your parking before getting into your car and exiting the garage. There is also free first-come first-serve 2 hour parking located directly along the back of the building. Please note that the time limit is enforced.
Dress Code: Business/Business Casual
Your sponsorship investment and includes:
- Your own tailored two-minute corporate spotlight at our monthly breakfast meetings for each month associated with your sponsorship
- Distribution of your company’s marketing collateral for attendees at our monthly breakfast meetings for each month associated with your sponsorship.
- Your company name, logo, and a link to your web site on all electronic invitations and correspondence for the months associated with your sponsorship commitment
- Your company name and logo highlighted on our SCN Leadership Breakfast website page for the months associated with your sponsorship commitment
Rise Sponsor $300 (3 month feature) You pick which quarter you want to be promoted.
Elevate Sponsor $500 (6 month feature)
SOAR Sponsor $950 (12 month feature)
IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER
We follow the lead of Fairfax County Public Schools.
If FCPS announces EITHER
1) a delay or;
2) a closing of their public schools
… our session will be rescheduled.
In that event, we’ll send you further details as soon as we’re able to make other arrangements.
Here’s the link to check the verdict: