SCN Nebula Community Members: Code of Conduct Agreement
Welcome to the SCN Nebula’s online community. The SCN Nebula’s online membership platform exists for the purpose of:
- Connecting the SCN Nebula change agents, administrators, and partners (hereby called “users”)
- Offering educational courses
- Creating collaborative experiences and
- Sharing knowledge and information relating to conscious leadership, community building and effectively operating sustainable organizations
By becoming a part of our community at the SOAR Community Network and joining our membership platform, SCN Nebula, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules, terms and conditions set forth below in this Code of Conduct Agreement.
This Code of Conduct Agreement governs your participation in and use of all features within SCN Nebula. The rules, terms and conditions set forth below in this Code of Conduct Agreement (collectively referred to as the “Rules”) apply to all users of the SCN Nebula.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important Rules. If you have questions, contact the member service department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in SCN Nebula for anyone who violates these Rules.
Community participants must adhere to the following rules:
- The SOAR Community Network has made the SCN Nebula available to users for the purpose of providing a platform offering a variety of courses, creating collaborative experiences and sharing knowledge and information relating to conscious leadership, community building and effectively operating sustainable organizations.
- Maintain high standards of integrity and professional conduct;
- Practice fairness and honesty;
- Where possible, help fellow members at all times through the sharing of knowledge and experience;
- Encourage others to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to Antitrust and Competition Laws and Regulations and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- The SOAR Community Network has made the SCN Nebula available to users for educational and informational purposes. Community participants must rely solely on their own judgment with respect to all issues discussed. The SOAR Community Network does not approve or endorse any specific practices that may be mentioned within the SCN Nebula discussion groups and forums. The SOAR Community Network makes no representations or warranties regarding the experience, qualifications or information provided by all users of this membership platform.
- Respect and protect the intellectual property rights of the SOAR Community Network and it’s membership platform, SCN Nebula, including any trademarks, logos and copyrights;
- Keep their User ID and Password confidential by not sharing or disclosing them;
- Respect SCN Nebula membership information, never misusing it for business solicitation purposes;
- Never engage in direct marketing and unsolicited calls and emails to members;
- Never use all or part of the SOAR Community Network contact list, including the membership directory, online member listings, conference attendees and educational course participant rosters, for selling, prospecting or creating a contact list, directory or database;
- Treat all information furnished by the SOAR Community Network and it’s contributing members as confidential and will not reproduce materials without the SOAR Community Network’s written approval; and, avoid conflicts of interest at all times.
- Information posted within SCN Nebula will not be treated as confidential and, therefore, all members, contributors and partners should not disclose any confidential, proprietary, or sensitive business or other information. Users must use extreme care when posting or sending such information.
- Posting commercial messages on any discussion list, inside forums, or other areas where others might see it. Contact other users directly using the message app and be mindful not to send your fellow change agents spam messages or solicitations. We are creating a safe community where relationships can be fostered honestly and authentically.
- All users of our SCN Nebula membership platform must acknowledge and agree that they (i) will not have any copyright or other property rights in or to information that they (or others) post within SCN Nebula; (ii) specifically waive any such property rights; and (iii) hereby grant all users to use and share all information posted by them within SCN Nebula.
- Refrain from negative comments and posts attacking others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, express their thoughts, perspectives and opinions, just as you may. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Users may not post or distribute files, articles or other information subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights, except with the express consent of the owner of the rights.
- Users are prohibited from using the SCN Nebula to communicate about prices or terms of service, to exchange practice management or any other proprietary information, unless given prior approval by a member services administrator, nor are you permitted to otherwise communicate in a manner that may violate federal or state antitrust laws.
- Discussion and forum topics are not to be relied on as specific advice, and such responses are not intended to constitute practice guidelines or advice.
- Users should exercise both common sense and courtesy in the messages they transmit with SCN Nebula’s forums and internal messages to other users. Users may not use SCN Nebula to transmit defamatory, obscene, and otherwise offensive communications.
- Users, unless they are official SCN Nebula vendor partners, are prohibited from posting commercial messages or promotions, advertising, or selling goods or services without prior approval by a member services administrator.
- Users must respect the security of the SCN Nebula community and may not attempt to gain access or provide access to areas private within the SCN Nebula membership platform.
- Users are prohibited from using SCN Nebula for any purpose that may be illegal. For example, the Community may not be used to solicit or disseminate information having to do with, or to conduct any activity relating to, illegal drugs, pornography, gambling, spreading computer viruses, software infringement, trafficking in credit card codes, price-fixing, illegal boycotts, or other crimes.
- The SOAR Community Network will deny access to SCN Nebula to any individual who has not agreed to the terms of these Rules and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) remove any postings or other content that is not consistent with these Rules or otherwise not in the best interests of the SCN Nebula; and (ii) suspend or terminate access to SCN Nebula for violations of these Rules or for otherwise acting in a manner contrary to the interests of SCN Nebula members and the SOAR Community Network.
The SOAR Community Network’s membership platform, SCN Nebula, is provided as a service for the members of our community. The SOAR Community Network is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the SOAR Community Network or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the SOAR Community Network be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
The views expressed in SCN Nebula are those of the individual members, contributors, partners and other users. They do not and should not be construed as representing the views of the SOAR Community Network. Due to the amount of members and contributors and their diverse backgrounds, viewpoints, and unique career and life experiences, the SOAR Community Network cannot make any warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information posted within SCN Nebula, whether posted by the SOAR Community Network employees, members, partners or any third party, and the SOAR Community Network assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use or misuse of such information for any purpose. The SOAR Community Network disclaims any responsibility to maintain copies of any information posted within SCN Nebula or to assure that such information is deleted. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the SOAR Community Network does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, advice, guidance, product, process, service or organization presented or mentioned within the SCN Nebula forums and discussion groups, and information from within SCN Nebula should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement. NEVERTHELESS, THE SOAR COMMUNITY NETWORK RETAINS THE RIGHT TO MONITOR POSTED INFORMATION AND REMOVE MESSAGES OR MATERIALS THAT IT BELIEVES DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF THESE RULES OR ARE NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF ALL USERS OF SCN NEBULA.
The Rules include a legally binding release, waiver, discharge, and covenant not to sue (collectively, Release), made voluntarily by you, on your own behalf, and on behalf of your heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, and assigns (collectively, Releasor or you) to the SOAR Community Network and it’s membership platform, SCN Nebula.
As the Releasor, you fully recognize that the SOAR Community Network does not require you to participate in or utilize the message app, forums or discussion groups within SCN Nebula. With informed consent, and for valuable consideration received, including access to SCN Nebula, as the Releasor, you agree to assume and take on yourself all of the risks and responsibilities in any way arising from or associated with SCN Nebula and any materials, information, guidance, or advice contained or posted on or within SCN Nebula’s membership platform, and you release the SOAR Community Network and its affiliates, members, committees, board, officers, directors, legal representatives, employees, agents, administrators, assigns, and contractors (collectively, Releasees), from any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, damages, actions, and liabilities of every name and nature whatsoever, whenever occurring, whether known or unknown, contingent or fixed, at law or in equity, that you may suffer at any time arising from or in connection with SCN Nebula, your acts or omissions, or information you transmit in connection with your participation in an use of SCN Nebula, and the materials, information, guidance, or advice contained within the membership platform, including any injury or harm to others (collectively, Liabilities), and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Releasees harmless from and against any and all Liabilities.
As the Releasor, you recognize that this Release means that you are giving up, among other things, all rights to sue Releasees for injuries, damages, or losses that you may incur. You also understand that this Release binds your heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, and assigns, as well as yourself.
In keeping with the goals and objectives of the organization, the SOAR Community Network is committed to the highest degree of respect for the privacy of our members and of visitors to our site. We do not sell, rent, or share any personally identifiable information voluntarily supplied by visitors or our membership mailing list.
The SOAR Community Network reserves the right to modify or change the terms of these Rules as it determines from time to time in the best interests of SCN Nebula, provided that all membership platform users are notified prior to any such change. Use of the Community constitutes the user’s continuing agreement to be bound by these Rules, as amended from time to time.
Acceptance of Rules
By joining SCN Nebula as a member, contributor or partners, you (i) represent and warrant that you have read these Rules, including, without limitation the terms of the Release set forth above; (ii) fully understand the terms of these Rules (including, without limitation, the Release included herein) and acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to review these Rules (including, without limitation, the terms of the Release) with an attorney of your choosing if you so desire; and (iii) agree to be legally bound by the terms of these Rules.
The SOAR Community Network reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these Rules and Guidelines.