The Washington Area Community Investment Fund’s (Wacif) mission is to promote equity and economic opportunity in underserved neighborhoods in the Washington, D.C. region. Their mission is driven by three strategic pillars: inclusive entrepreneurship, community wealth building, and equitable economic development, and is fulfilled by providing access to capital products and services, and capacity-building technical assistance to low- and moderate-income entrepreneurs. Wacif provides:
- Small & Micro Business Loans
- Workshops & Trainings
- 1:1 Advisory Services
SOAR services supported our Ascend.Her Beauty cohort and provided them with business coaching during a pivotal time in the life of their businesses.
Working with the SOAR team has been fantastic! Their work with our clients was excellent and your communication with our team about the work has been very enlightening and helpful. We look forward to final reporting about the cohort.
- Designed and executed coaching program to help 16 entrepreneurs develop and refine their growth plans.
- Coached participants in 3 sessions:
- Group Session 1: Develop, refine or validate business vision, mission and values and review the business growth plan that was developed from the cohort coursework.
- Group Session 2: Based on their growth plan, discuss ways to determine strategic priorities, outline and market their value proposition of products/services, refine target market and determine the most effective marketing and sales strategies to achieve their revenue and growth goals.
- Individual Session 3: This session will be used to improve skills gaps identified in the growth plan.
- Managed all aspects of the program from scheduling meetings to reporting attendance and coaching topics in order to support the reporting needs of the organization
SOAR Services Used
- SOAR Nebula Coaching Programs