Accessibility Statement for SOAR Digital Content
This is an accessibility statement from SOAR Community Network.
Measures to support accessibility
SOAR Community Network takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of SOAR digital content:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. SOAR Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of SOAR digital content. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers with SOAR digital content:
- Phone: 571-403-0565
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor Address: 2461 Eisenhower Ave., 2nd Floor, Alexandria, VA 22314
- Postal Address: 2461 Eisenhower Ave., 2nd Floor, Alexandria, VA 22314
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
SOAR Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Google Chrome is best to use with our online presentations.
- IOS VoiceOver Utility is used to test screen reading so it is the best tool to use.
Accessibility of SOAR Deliverables relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
- Google Slides
- Google Docs
- Grackle for Slides and Docs
- IOS VoiceOver Utility
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of SOAR Website , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for SOAR Website:
- Live captioning: Live captioning may not be 100 percent accurate. We use the Google Slides Caption option to capture the presenter’s speech and this service is performed by a program and not a live person. We will monitor user comments during the presentation to clarify errors in the captioning. Please make use the comments feature to ask for clarification if the captioning does not make sense to you.
SOAR Community Network assessed the accessibility of SOAR Website by the following approaches:
This statement was created on 3 November 2021 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.